You may be tired of hearing only about prices, here are slides from an intriguing real estate class that I recently attended, followed by my favorite “fun facts.”
- From 1985 to 2008 the average homeowner moved every 6 years. From 2012 to 2021 that is up to approximately 9.5 years in the same home before selling.
- The financing cost of waiting just a few months to buy a $750k home early last year that rose to $825k late in the year was an additional $16k down and $800/mo.
- In 2019 the net migration out of Seattle was 5,437. In 2020 it was 26,082!
- In our N. Puget Sound region it is expected that there will be more apartment units built over the next 5 years than have been built in the last 50.
- Millennials now outnumber Boomers as the largest consumer group.
- Number of people working remotely has changed from 1 in 20 to 1 in 3.
We are surely living in some crazy times. But as always, I will do my best to make your next real estate move a little less crazy!